- 56% of coaches said that they would follow the proper return to play rule, while 51% of non-coaches would do something other than the proper rule.
- Females are more likely to “take no chances” after a hit to the head and seek immediate medical attention versus their male counterparts, who are more likely to “wait and see.”
- 67% of parents allow their kids to still play in organized sports, but are more cautious in the wake of the media’s focus on concussions.
Want to Learn More?
Share your KidsHealth Special Needs Factsheets with teachers, school nurses, parents, and families within the communities that you serve. These factsheets explain the basics about concussions and how they and other brain injuries can affect learning in the classroom.
- Link to the concussion video directly from your homepage and on social media (remember we can send you the video file)
- Reach out to schools and local youth sports leagues to link to the video on your website (use the Concussion: Sample Email Template)
- Use the Concussion press release to engage local media in this hot topic
For further assistance, please call Ryan Biliski at (302) 651-4046 or Jessica Koubek at (302) 651-4349.
Thank you for being a KidsHealth partner!