Managing a child’s asthma can be tough and especially hard for busy parents.
Improve compliance and lower costs by providing your patient families with practical tips, support, and timely reminders with KidsHealth’s new text-based program.
- Today’s parents text! 97% of 18- to 29-year-olds and 94% of 30- to 49-year-olds text message.
- Households making less than $30,000 a year text twice as much as households making more than $75,000 a year.
- Hispanics text 1.56 times more than Caucasians, and African Americans text 2.24 times more than Caucasians.
- Medicaid patients (79%) are more likely to use text messages than privately insured individuals (65%-68%).
Learn more about KidsHealth’s asthma text message program for parents, developed as part of a CMMI-funded program:
- Sequenced learning and motivation
- Age-appropriate tips
- Optional medication and appointment reminders
For additional information and pricing, please contact:
Senior, Director of Partnerships, KidsHealth
For general information on KidsHealth, visit KidsHealth.org/intro
Using Health Text Messages to Improve Consumer Health Knowledge, Behaviors, and Outcomes. Department of Health and Human Services
Americans and Text Messaging. Pew Research Center